I am somewhere between intentions and transition, terrified and excited; but all in all- Life's good. Here are some things I have discovered in the past year:
1. Whenever I'm in need of a mental reset but don't have the energy to create, I turn to Bella Grace. It is a refreshing magazine by women for women, and there are no advertisements. Just talks like that of mother to daughter, sister to sister, friend to friend.
2. For New Year's Eve, Aaron and I started watching Call Me By Your Name. The cinematography reminded me of French-Italian 1960 film, Purple Noon. Their story of desire transcends sexual identity and speaks to the heart. I look forward to reading the book.
3. I am in the process of growing my natural hair out for the first time since middle school. It's now long enough for me to tie out of my face, success! Ribbons have been my go-to way to gather my hair up in a bun, as well as an excellent method to avoid breakage.
4. Five years of using this perfume, do you have a forever-favorite scent?
5. As someone that sketches typically on the corners of essential documents and small blank pages, it feels nice to draw on an ample space.
6. Tomorrow is my orientation for New York Cares. A volunteer company that offers a broad set of interests.
7. My favorite thing about this apartment is our bedroom window that faces the sun. I like to grab my grey mat and YouTube "pilates" when the sun is at its highest peak.
8. If you visit my Pinterest home board, you will quickly see a recurring theme of plants. There are 5 plants in my shared apartment, and most of them come from this plant shop in Chinatown, The Sill.
9. I have made this recipe Spanish-style lamb stew twice now. It is especially comforting and delicious on cold Winter nights.
10. Lola Marsh! I first saw this Israeli indie-pop band on a Takeaway show by La Blogotheque. I fell for them quickly, and they posted their 2018 tour dates today.
11. I have a pile of clothes I will be donating this week to make room for new loved items. Goodwill Bins in the Queens will be my first stop.
12. New Age Creators is a channel of young artists that teach and inspire our youth with unique short videos. I adore Ana Marta's style.
13. Another short but happy source is the Kind World WBUR podcast.
Will you be checking out anything on this list? Do you have a recommendation?
P.S. Follow me on Instagram if you'd like to see me more than twice a week.