there's something charming about a bathtub couch. can't keep to a real cat-cat? then this plush was made for you. my favorite scene was holly & paul in the city, right after they five-finger discounted a pair of animal masks, painted here.
- author truman capote envisioned marilyn monroe in the part of holly golightly. monroe was originally cast as golightly, but her drama coach told her that playing a call-girl was not good for her image.
- audrey hepburn hated danish pastries, making filming the famous opening scene a bit of a chore for her.
- at a post-production meeting following a screening of the film, a studio executive, in reference to "moon river," said, "well, i think the first thing we can do is get rid of that stupid song." audrey hepburn stood up at the table and said, "over my dead body!"
- about nine cats were used throughout the film as the role of cat.
- although it's never explained why holly is wearing a bed sheet at her cocktail party, an earlier scene (cut before release) established she'd been taking a bath and had to improvise a gown on the spur of moment. the cut scene was featured in life magazine pictorial shortly before film was released.
- the uncredited voice of the "terrifying man" tearing up holly's apartment is actually george peppard.
- holly golightly wears the same dresses all the way through the movie, simply changing the accessories to give each outfit a different look. her black shift dress features through the movie at least four times.